JAPANESE GOVERNMENT OFFERS SCHOLARSHIP
For Research Students
The Consulate-General of Japan announced today that the Japanese government is offering theResearch Students scholarship to qualified applicants in Guam who wish to study at Japanese universities under the Japanese Government Monbukagakusho [Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT)] Scholarship Program for 2013.
To apply, applicants must:
- Hold U.S. citizenship (Not for Japanese citizens)
- Born on or after April 2, 1978
- Be a college or university graduate (at the time of participation in the program)
- Be able to leave for Japanbetween the 1st and 7th of April 2013, or within two weeks of the date set by the receiving university for the beginning of the semester.
- Conduct research in the same or related field majored as an undergraduate
- Be able to contact and obtain a letter of acceptance from a professor at the JapaneseUniversity wishing to enter.
All applications submitted to our office by the deadline date stated below will be screened.Those candidates who pass the initial screening will be invited to the interview at the Consulate-General of Japan in Hagåtňa. Applicants will also take an English or Japanese proficiency test.With the exception of those applying for study of the Japanese Language or Japanese Studies, proficiency in the Japanese Language is not required.
The Consulate-General of Japan in Hagåtňa must receive completed applications at the above address no later than Monday June18, 2012 in order to be considered.
you can download application forms from: http://www.studyjapan.go.jp/en/toj/toj0307e.html#1
# # #
Consulate-General of Japan